Contribute to Dressage-Connection
To contribute an article to Dressage-Connection.com please contact us.
Guidelines for Writers and Photographers
Dressage-Connection.com, founded in 2006, is an international online magazine, very well ranked on Internet. The magazine focuses primarily on dressage. In addition to reporting news about this discipline, we feature articles on horse care, clinic report, and interview with top dressage rider and coach.
You can send us:
- Competition results (CDI or National)
- Interview with top dressage rider or coach
- Dressage clinic and show report
- Dressage News
- Horse Care Article
- Dressage Article
- Barn Management Article
Conducting & Writing the Interview
Our most common type of feature story is the interview. The subject is a rider, trainer or other person involved in the horse world, and the writer relates the subject's accomplishments, personality and motivation in one coherent article.
- Plan to spend several hours with the subject. Ask probing questions, ask the subject to be specific in his comments--it makes a more interesting story.
- A coherent article requires accurate notes and considerable thought. The writer must know the discipline covered and take time to digest what was said during the interview or during any previous interactions with the subject.
- Arrange your notes according to subject, then make an outline. Don't just type the interview as it happened. Fill in gaps with further research/phone calls.
- Do not use first person ("I asked him . . .").
- Articles should be 800-2,000 words.
-PHOTOS - Black and white or color, digital, 3 1/2" x 5" minimum, 72 dpi minimum resolution. We want to be able to see what the subject looks like. We prefer a candid and an action shot. Writers should make arrangements--either by personally taking photos, borrowing them from the subject, or contacting a photographer. Occasionally, we have photos on file or can make other arrangements, but do not assume we can or will get photos.
Please contact us if you are interested to contribute to Dressage-Connection.com
Back to top
YOUR BANNER HERE